Who May Use
Use of the Hardin County Schools Performing Arts Center (PAC) shall be available to responsible and organized groups for purposes related to the performing arts that provide demonstrable benefit to the schools or to the community as a whole. Further, it is the intent of the Hardin County School Board (Board) to make the facilities as accessible as possible to the community while neither unduly interfering with instruction at John Hardin High School (JHHS) nor causing the district to assume excessive financial responsibility. The PAC will not be rented to for-profit organizations for the sole purpose of making a profit. Hardin County School organizations: Please see Exception below.
If renting, the Board shall require the Renter to assume all liability for injury to individuals by reason of the rental of Board property and that the organization indemnify and save harmless the Board from any loss or damage thereby. Hardin County School organizations: Please see Exception below.
All use of the facility by non-Hardin County Schools organizations shall assume sole liability for any personal injuries incurred during their use of the facilities and shall hold the Board harmless from any such claims against it. Proof of liability insurance (a minimum of $1,000,000) naming the Hardin County Schools Board of Education as additional insured under the policy is required. Hardin County School organizations: Please see Exception below.
Price & Availability
The PAC Director shall determine when and which PAC facilities will be available. Rental fee will be based on the nature of the activity, the organization and on rates determined by the PAC Director. Hardin County School organizations: Please see Exception below.
Exceptions for HCS Organizations
Activities that are sponsored by approved Hardin County Schools’ student organizations, employees’ groups, or school-related parent groups may use school facilities without being charged a fee when approved by the PAC Director and supervised by a PAC staff member and an adult group representative at all times. All fees and liability insurance are waived for such usage but the organization involved must submit a Usage Application and will be held accountable for any and all damages incurred due to their usage.
Conditions of Usage
1. Facility usage will be granted only to responsible and organized groups. An official adult representative of that group must sign all necessary documents and be on duty at all times during facility use.
2. Conditions of the Contract are set forth in the Facility Application and Conditions of Usage. The Contract as well as these supporting documents and any applicable Addendums, which are incorporated into the Contract, controls the conditions of using the facility.
3. Those wishing to use the facility must obtain any and all additional provisions, permissions, conditions and agreements to cover the use of copyrighted materials prior to Contract completion.
4. For Renters: Payment in full and proof of insurance are due at contract signing unless both parties have agreed to other arrangements.
5. Following the event, a Final Invoice for any additional fees (unusual damages to facilities, additional services, supplies, hours, etc.) will be presented for payment.
6. Rental payment will only be refunded if the PAC receives written notification of the Renter’s cancellation no less than thirty days prior to that organization’s scheduled usage date. If cancellation occurs after that date, the PAC shall keep the payment to cover expenses incurred or lost due to the forfeiture of the renting.
- Exercise Class
- Corporate Event
- Other (meeting, class, etc.)
- Congregation Meeting
- Religious Ceremony
- Religious Meeting