Jefferson opened its doors 1950, as the first elementary school in Franklin County to combine three existing schools. Mr. Lintner, whose father owned the farm upon which Jefferson was built, laid the stonework on the front of the building. This long-standing tie to the history and the people of the community is a cornerstone of Jefferson’s reputation. Jefferson is the oldest elementary school still in use in the Gahanna-Jefferson School District. In 2001 the school underwent a complete renovation.
At Jefferson Elementary, we will inspire students to achieve academic, social and emotional success, while becoming life-long learners.