School Vision Statement
The Tom Matsumoto School community dedicates itself to providing the best possible education for our students. We believe in providing a safe and nurturing environment in which every child experiences success and growth of self-esteem.
We hold high expectations for all students. Students engage in challenging differentiated activities that allow them to meet or exceed California grade-level standards. Teaching practices are continuously reviewed and new approaches researched and applied.
We structure activities and classroom environments to foster a community based on tolerance and mutual respect, one in which every child feels valued. We work to build a strong sense of self-worth in every child so that each may become an empowered contributor to society.
We embrace our motto "Creating the Future", and believe in the ability of every child to become a successful life-long learner.
School Mission Statement
Our vision manifests itself when our students:
1. Meet or exceed grade level standards in English Language Arts, English Language Development, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
2. Experience quality curriculum through differentiated instruction based upon students' needs, research and best practices.
3. Accept responsibility for their words and actions.
4. Demonstrate respect for themselves and others in our culturally diverse community
5. Demonstrate the ability to resolve conflict peacefully.
6. Develop and maintain healthy relationships with peers and adults.