RULES AND REGULATIONS – PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING REQUEST
TO MAKE RESERVATIONS
An approved permit will be emailed to you after the application has been approved by the District Office. Permission to use facilities is not final until you receive your copy of the approved application. Allow 3 weeks for processing your request.
PUBLIC SCHOOL PRIORITY
Any permit may be immediately revoked in the case of conflicting dates when the facility is needed for a public school purpose. In general, permits may be revoked at any time upon reasonable notice.
Facility users are required to obtain liability insurance.
You will need to contact an insurance agent or broker to have an insurance certificate issued that
(a) indicates $1,000,000 (one million dollars) liability insurance and (b) names the Wm. S. Hart Union High School District as an additional insured and certificate holder. In addition, a copy of the additional insured endorsement naming the Wm. S. Hart Union High School District as the additional insured is required. Insurance is also available to purchase through Facilitron.
MINIMUM COST USE
Minimum cost fees apply only for qualified non-profit organizations (501c3) under circumstances outlined in Board Policy 1330.
Whenever minimum cost use is granted, there must be no admission fee charged. If no admission fee is charged, the meeting shall be non-exclusive and shall be open at no cost to the general public. There must be no soliciting of funds, no free-will offering, nor sale of literature or other items by the organization using the school facilities.
Labor and utility costs may be billed to minimum cost users according to District Board Policy which is on file at the school and the District Office.
Payment of estimated fees is required prior to the use of facilities, which are made through Facilitron. Any fees incurred above and beyond the estimated fees are due net 30 days. Failure to pay in a timely manner will result in denial of future use.
In all cases except qualified minimum cost use, a rental fee as listed in Exhibit 1330 (Board Policy book) will be charged. The list of rental fees approved by the Board is available at the school or District Office.
The charges for custodial overtime are estimated; users may be billed for custodial time required prior or subsequent to the requested hours of usage, including setup/cleanup time.
The cancellation and change policy is as follows: Prior to 7 days of the first date the user is on-site: 100% refund of facility fees and 100% refund of custodial/tech fees.
Within 7 days of the first date the user is on-site or no show: the user/organization will be charged for all facility fees AND a 2-hour minimum for both custodial and tech fees.
If it rains on a day you are utilizing our fields, we will cancel that day of usage and the following 3 days (depending upon the severity of the rain) to allow for drying. A refund will be applied.
NO SHOW POLICY
13. If renter does not formally cancel and does not show up for scheduled event, renter will be obligated for paying 2 hours of custodial overtime and 10 percent of the reservation.
ACCESS TO FACILITY
14. The custodian will open the building for renter only when you present your approved application.
15. When a stage is to be used, full details of equipment and personnel needs must be furnished in advance. This includes a list of lights needed, curtains, number of dressing rooms, use of box office, number of stagehands, electrician, ushers, etc. Use of stagehands and/or lighting technicians will involve an additional expense to the users.
LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES
16. The use of school premises shall not be granted when there is a possibility of damage to school property. If damage does occur, the person or group signing the request for use of the premises shall be fully responsible and liable for the amount of loss.
SMOKING, INTOXICANTS, NARCOTICS, CUSTODIAN IN CHARGE, SUNDAY USE
17. There shall be no smoking. No intoxicants or narcotics shall be used, nor shall profane language, quarreling, fighting, immodest behavior, or gambling be permitted. Violation of this rule will be cause for immediate revocation of permit.
18. A school custodian shall always be on duty when school facilities are in use. The custodian’s duty is to enforce these rules and regulations and to report violations to the principal. Should these rules and regulations be violated, the permit to use the school facility will be revoked.
19. Juvenile organizations must have full-time responsible adult sponsorship and supervision.
20. Sections 40040-400047 of the California Education Code and detailed Policies and Administrative Regulations of the Governing Board are the basis of the above stated rules and are hereby incorporated into this application. These documents are on file in school administrative offices and in the District Office.
21. All Civic Center users must be in compliance with the City of Santa Clarita's noise ordinance: http://www.codepublishing.com/CA/SantaClarita/html/SantaClarita11/SantaClarita1144.html. As defined by the City, “Day” shall mean the time period from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and “Night” shall mean the time period from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
22. TRACK AND TURF USER GUIDELINES