San Dieguito Union High School District Application and Permit for Community Use of School Facilities or Grounds
RULES, REGULATIONS, AND POLICIES OF THE SAN DIEGUITO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGARDING USE OF SCHOOL FIELDS OR FACILITIES
1. In the event of a change of plans, a notice of cancellation must be given to the school 48 hours before the date of intended use. Refunds are at the discretion of the District.
2. Any request for the use of school facilities or grounds by an organization or group shall be submitted to the school principal or designee in writing on an Application and Permit for Community Use of School Facilities or Grounds and signed by the president or secretary of the organization.
3. Applicants who are entitled to use of facilities and grounds under the Civic Center Act shall be charged Direct Costs. All other Applicants and any Applicant that will charge admission, conduct sales, fundraise or solicit contributions and the net receipts are not to be expended for charitable purposes or for the welfare of the District’s students shall be charged Fair Rental Value.
4. Direct-Cost and Fair Rental Value charges shall be in accordance with the schedule adopted by the Board of Trustees.
5. Tobacco, intoxicants or narcotics shall not be used, nor shall profane language, quarreling, fighting, or gambling be permitted. Violation of this rule by any organization during occupancy shall be sufficient cause for denying the organization further use of school premises.
6. Distribution of brochures, leaflets, or any typewritten or printed material to students or postings on school property is prohibited except by special permission of the Superintendent or designee. Such materials must be submitted with the application for approval.
7. Distribution or posting of written or printed materials promoting or advocating the commission of any crime or conduct prohibited by law is not permitted.
8. The use of school premises shall not be granted when, in the opinion of the Board of Trustees or its designees, there is a possibility of injury or damage to school property. The person or organization signing the Application and Permit for Community Use of School Facilities or Grounds shall be fully responsible and liable for any loss or damage incurred by the District arising out of the organization’s use of school facilities or grounds and shall agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the District before being granted the use of school premises.
9. Persons or organizations using school premises including a stage or stage equipment shall not be permitted to permanently alter school property, or remove or displace furniture or apparatus, including lights, curtains, ceiling balances, except when premises are under supervision of the school custodian in charge, nor shall they change the counterweights system or the switchboard. Where the stage is to be used full details of equipment and personnel needed must be furnished in advance. This will include a list of lights needed, curtains, number of dressing rooms, use of box office, number of assistants, such as electricians or additional custodians.
10. There shall always be a school custodian on duty when school facilities are being used by outside groups. It shall be the duty of this custodian to see that these and other district rules and regulations are enforced and to report any violations or attempted violations to the Superintendent. Whenever the Board of Trustees feels that these rules and regulations have been violated, they shall refuse to grant further permits to the violating organizations.
11. School facilities shall not be used for commercial purposes on Sundays or holidays without special authorization by the Board.
12. All applications for facility use must be accompanied by a certificate of general liability insurance evidencing coverage for a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence. Except where exempt by law, the certificate must name the “San Dieguito Union High School District, its Board of Trustees, officers, employees, and agents” as additionally insured. The Applicant’s insurance must be in force for the entire time the facility will be used by Applicant, including any set-up and clean-up time. Application will not be approved until a certificate of insurance with adequate coverage and additional insured language is received. The District reserves the right to require additional minimum insurance limits based on the type, size, and use of the facility.
Applicant hereby agrees to abide by and to enforce the rules, regulations, and policies of the Board of Trustees of the San Dieguito Union High School District governing the use of school facilities as printed on the reverse side hereof and will provide timely notice if a change occurs or a cancellation of the activity becomes necessary.
The undersigned declares under penalty of perjury that, to the best of his/her knowledge, the school property for the use of which application is hereby made will not be used for the commission of any act which is prohibited by law, or for the commission of any crime.
As a material part of the consideration due the District, the Applicant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the San Dieguito Union High School District, its Board of Trustees, its officers, employees and agents for any loss, injury, death, damage, cost or expense, including attorney's fees, that may arise during or out of the Applicant's use or occupancy of the District's facilities unless such loss, damage, cost or expense arises out of the sole negligence of the District in its ownership or maintenance of the property.
The undersigned, certifies that all information provided herein is correct and, if the undersigned is signing this form on behalf of an organization, that the undersigned is authorized to enter into such agreements and bind the organization on its behalf.