When applying for PUSD property, you certify that no alternate location is available for this activity other than school district facilities. You may be asked to show documentation that no alternate location is available. Use is prohibited during school hours when students are on campus.
It is the responsibility of the organization to be sure all insurance requirements are met for their own organization as well as any external vendors. It is also the responsibility of the organization to inform any external vendors of the rules and regulations for use of school property.
Authority to make a request:
Person presenting a request/application on behalf of an organization may be asked to furnish evidence that they are authorized to sign a contract on the organizations behalf and accept full responsibility. The name, title and signature must be someone able to sign legal documents for the organization. Email address will be verified.
Subcontracting for services:
Applicants may not subcontract for services on school property without advance written approval of the District. Examples of such services are food vending, fireworks, portraits, magic shows, fun rides, blood drives. The application is only for the organization. Any other outside groups hired by the organization must fill out their own application and include insurance and an endorsement.
Name and Title of Applicant and Signature:
The organization listed on the online request is the legal party requesting the facility. The "booked by" information must be a person that is a member of the organization requesting the facility and is able to sign legal documents. The online requestor represents an officer of the organization and assumes legal liability for the event.
You will receive an email from FS Direct/SchoolDude confirming your request(s). Please contact us immediately if there is a discrepancy, in writing. An email will be generated from the system to each the ‘booked by’ and ‘contact’ email address. You are responsible for providing accurate email and contact information. You may check your requests by logging in to www.MySchoolBuilding.com, click on the MY REQUESTS TAB. Next to the APPROVED/ACTIVATED Schedule ID, click on the magnifying glass. Declined or cancelled dates will not appear in the new window that opens. Changes/cancellations may be made by the district office only. It is your responsibility to check for scheduling errors as well as confirming requests you have made. All changes must be made in writing (to the district office) at least two weeks prior to the event date.
Any changes to the original reservation must be made in writing at least two weeks prior to the change. No changes will be accepted over the phone. There is a $10 charge for each change made to the original reservation. You may not give your reserved time to another group.
If you cannot use the dates requested, submit in writing your cancellation. Please include the schedule ID number. You may fax/or email cancellations to: 858-486-4197 at least two weeks prior to your event. (email notification is preferred) No cancellations will be accepted after the date of the event. There is a $10 cancellation fee. Your event may be cancelled if any information on your request is not correct, including invalid email addresses. You will receive an email cancellation notice from the online system. It is your responsibility to be sure your event has been cancelled.
If you are an external group, please note that Poway Unified School District Departments and agencies have priority; therefore, your event may be bumped or cancelled. If your event is bumped we will do our best to give you as much notice as possible; we are under no obligation to locate another site for your event. There are no guarantees for PUSD facility use and PUSD is not required to give notice of cancellation or secure another location. Events that are APPROVED/ACTIVATED have been approved by the district and site to proceed forward. Any other status of any request is not a district/site approved event.
Denial of Application:
Applications will be denied if past use of facilities has resulted in violation of rules, abuse of the school property, unpaid invoices or unpaid costs for damages.
All applicable safety regulations (federal, state, local and District) must be observed by facility users.
The use of School facilities for private parties or religious ceremonies such as baby showers, wedding receptions, baptisms, birthday parties, etc. is prohibited. Additional restrictions are listed in PUSD Administrative Procedure 6.22 under School Board Policies. Use of facilities and grounds must conform to the design and intended use of such facilities.
Prohibited Items/Activities Include:
bicycling, skateboarding, press-on tattoos, face painting, trampolines, rock climbing walls, 'jumpies', frisbee, smoke/fog machines, bingo, gambling, barbeques, any open flame, fireworks, roller skating, animals, pets, dogs, cats, gambling, bingo, sleepovers, babysitting....contact facilities for more information.
Carpeted Multi-Purpose Room:
There is no food allowed in any Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) that has carpeting. For a list of MPR's with and without carpeting, see this document. Most sites have 100+ chairs; additional chairs will need to be supplied by the organization requesting the facility. The maximum amount of chairs the MPR will hold is 200, per the fire code.
School equipment is not available for any group to use. This includes pianos, projectors, screens, microphones, special lighting or sound equipment.
No glass containers are allowed on school property.
All vehicles must be parked in designated parking stalls. No parking curb side or any area designated with red or yellow markings. Handicapped vehicles must be clearly marked. Failure to comply will result in the vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense.
There shall be no smoking or use of tobacco products of any kind, or use/possession of alcohol on District property, whether inside or outside. This includes parking lots, stadiums, athletic fields and playgrounds. Violations will result in denial of future applications.
Any organizations deemed as an Enrichment Program by PUSD or any event that will allow an external group to physically touch students must have the instructors finger printed and TB tested. More information is available through Learning Support Services at the District Office.
A custodian must be on duty when a facility building is being utilized. Custodians do not have the authority to extend the hours of your reservation; please do not ask him/her. The custodian is only responsible for opening and closing the facility. You are responsible for all set up and clean up involved with your event. Including, vacuuming/moping floors and emptying all trash cans into the dumpster. Please be prepared with your own cleaning supplies. There will be additional charges if the facility is not cleaned properly. There is a three hour minimum on weekends and legal holidays. All restrooms will close thirty minutes prior to your event end time.
Times/Hours of Operation:
All facilities must be vacated no later than 10:30 pm. This means you are in your car, driving off the campus. There will be additional charges if you exceed the 10:30 pm deadline. The earliest you may be on school property is 7:00 am on weekends/legal holidays. Due to noise abatement issues at all PUSD sites, these timelines are strict. Restrooms will close 30 minutes prior to the end time of your event. For instance, if your group is scheduled to use any facility until 9:30 pm, the restrooms will close at 9:00 pm. There is no use permitted for any group to use school property when school is in session and students are on campus.
It is the responsibility of user groups to clean the area/rooms they have requested, for example, chairs and tables must be put back into their original places, floors must be left free of debris and trash must be taken out to the dumpsters. Custodians are not obligated or required to assist in clean up or set up. Failure to comply will result in additional charges, cancellations of all existing and future requests.
No admittance to the kitchen is allowed without PUSD requirements fulfilled. A PUSD Food Service Worker must be present for kitchen use, for which there is an hourly charge. The Food Service Worker does not prepare the food, but supervises other workers with utilization of the kitchen equipment. PUSD Food Service workers will not help in the preparation or clean up involved with your event. PUSD food services workers are not permitted to donate any time to any organization for use of the kitchen.
Classroom, Library and other Rooms Use:
Classrooms, Libraries and other rooms are available for use only with site approval. Locker rooms, showers, preschool rooms and Extended School Service Rooms (ESS) are not available for use.
No dogs or other animals are allowed on District property, except guide dogs for the visually impaired that are in service. This applies to applicants, visitors, spectators and participants.
Fireworks and Pyrotechnics are not allowed on school property without prior permission from Risk Management.
No food or drinks are allowed in all classrooms, Libraries and carpeted MPR's or any carpeted room. This includes coffee and water. No stoves, hot plates, barbeques or other gas or electric heating devices shall be used on any campus. Microwave ovens, however, may be used with written permission of the District.
All Food Trucks are required to have adequate insurance on file with PUSD Facilities. Food Trucks are never permitted to park on campus. Trucks may park in the campus parking lot or on the street. Trucks must not block any driveways. No parking curb side or any area designated with red or yellow markings. Failure to comply will result in the vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense.
No food or drink is allowed on artificial turf areas with the exception of water. There is no marking of any fields. Request for field use on Saturdays and holidays will not include restroom facilities unless indicated. If restrooms are needed, please state this on your request and a fee will be charged. There is no grass field use on Sundays at all school sites. Defecting on school property is not permitted. Port-A-Potties are allowed; please contact the district for specific information.
No open flames, pyrotechnics or smoke generating machines are permitted on PUSD property including barbeques. Refer to Board Policy 6.60 through 6.63. Barbecues are prohibited.
24 Hour Use:
There is no use of school property for a 24 hour period. All events end at 10:30 pm and the earliest time allowed to be on school property is 7:00 am.
Credit will not be given for lanes not used. If several groups are sharing the lanes, there will be no splitting of lifeguard fees between the user groups. One group must be the primary responsible party. Pool books are scheduled through the school site. Please contact the individual school for pool bookings.
All vehicles must be parked in designated parking stalls. No parking curb side or any area designated with red or yellow markings. Handicapped vehicles must be clearly marked. Failure to comply will result in the vehicle being towed at the owner's expense. No driving or parking on any part of the campus at any time.
Performing Arts Centers, Little Theatres, Theatres:
These rooms contain static chairs and are set up as a theatre type environment. Lighting and sound equipment is not accessible for PAC's at High Schools. The house lights will be turned on, but there is no availability to the lighting or sound equipment associated with any PAC (Theatre). No lighting/sound equipment is available in any Multipurpose Room. School equipment is not available for use.
In addition to the attached Application and Agreement for the Use of Facilities, Applicant/ Representative enters this Coronavirus Addendum which is hereby incorporated into the Application and Agreement, as follows:
1. Applicant/Representative (the “FACILITY USER”) acknowledges that the County of San Diego, acting through its Health Officer, has imposed health protocols on all individuals, business and organizations, including FACILITY USER, due to the SARS‐ CoV‐ 2 virus (the “Coronavirus”). A copy of the most recent health order, dated June 9, 2020 (“Order”), is attached to this Addendum. The Order incorporates additional guidelines and health standards and protocols (collectively referred to herein as “Guidelines”). . 2. FACILITY USER has read and agrees to strictly, and without exception, follow all the Guidelines, as may be amended, updated or superseded from time to time. The Guidelines to strictly follow are located at various sites, including, but not limited to:
a. https://covid19.ca.gov/ b. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html c. https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus/
2.1 As the Guidelines contemplate additional requirements for facility readiness, including deep cleaning of facilities to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, Facility User agrees that such deep cleaning/sanitation and other facility readiness requirements will be performed by or at the direction of the District before and after Facility User’s use, in order to ensure that the standards for cleanliness and readiness are met in accordance with the Order, and that Facility User will bear the cost of such additional cleaning, readiness and/or sanitation as it relates to Facility User’s use of the Facility (including, without limitation, cost of labor and supplies). Such costs will be in addition to the costs indicated on the current District facility use fee schedule adopted by the District’s governing board for the current term.
2.2 Facility User further acknowledges and understands that the Guidelines set forth limitations on group gatherings and events, and additional requirements pertaining to social distancing, face coverings, hygiene, disinfection/sanitation (including frequent disinfecting and cleaning of all high-contact surfaces, equipment and facilities during Facility User’s use of District’s facility), symptom checks and screening procedures, temporary signage, and related measures pertaining to the operation of Facility User’s program and activities to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. Facility User agrees that Facility User, at its sole cost and expense, shall be solely responsible for developing and enforcing proper protocols and procedures, and otherwise ensuring compliance with these requirements by Facility User and Facility User’s employees, volunteers, participants, partners, officers, members, agents, contractors, customers, guests, invitees, staff, and spectators.
2.3 Additionally, FACILITY USER shall have protocols and place and take all precautions necessary to ensure FACILITY USER and its employees, volunteers, participants, partners, officers, members, agents, contractors, customers, guests, staff, invitees, and spectators do not enter District facilities, grounds, or property when they are sick, and do not return until they have met applicable criteria to discontinue home isolation. FACILITY USER understands and agrees that FACILITY USER will promptly notify District upon learning or discovering someone is or becomes sick, and shall inform District, to the extent possible, of all areas used or visited by said person.
3. The FACILITY USER shall not hold the event and shall cancel the event if all Guidelines will not, are
not, or cannot be met before, during, or after the event.
4. The FACILITY USER shall stop the event immediately and send all invitees/participants away if they
are observed not to be meeting all required Guidelines.
5. The District may terminate the FACILITY USER’s use of the District facility at any time if, in the sole discretion of the District, the District determines that the FACILITY USER or their invitees/participants are not in full compliance with the Guidelines and/or pursuant to orders or directives of the County of San Diego or other governmental agency. If the District terminates the FACILITY USER’s use of the District facility pursuant to this paragraph, the FACILITY USER will be not be entitled to a refund of any fees and will not be entitled to recover any consequential damages arising from such termination.
6. The District makes no representation regarding the condition of the facility in use. FACILITY USER acknowledges, understands, and agrees that the District’s school facilities, grounds or equipment are being provided to FACILITY USER on an “as-is”, “where-is” and “with any and all faults” basis, without representation or warranty, whether express or implied, of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, any representation or warranty of fitness or suitability for FACILITY USER’s particular use or purposes.
7. Assumption of Risk. FACILITY USER recognizes that there is presently a significant element of risk of Coronavirus transmission inherent in visiting public spaces, such as District’s facilities and grounds, and/or engaging in activities, gatherings, or events with or within proximity of others, including, without limitation, accident, personal or bodily injury, illness, viral or bacterial exposure or infection, and/or death, and that engaging in such activities may be dangerous. Facility User agrees that District cannot ensure the safety of FACILITY USER or FACILITY USER’s employees, volunteers, participants, officers, members, customers, guests, District facility invitees, and spectators from risks of the Coronavirus or other related or similar pandemics. FACILITY USER has reviewed and understands the risks reflected in the local, state, and federal alerts and guidelines, including, but not limited to, the links above. FACILITY USER assumes all risks, known and unknown, arising from Your use and occupancy of the District facility, including risks from the Coronavirus. FACILITY USER assumes full responsibility for any sickness, hospitalization, bodily injury, death, loss of personal property, quarantines, and all related costs and expenses of any person arising from Your use and occupancy of the District facility. (“Your” is defined herein as the FACILITY USER and each of their employees, District facility invitees, participants, volunteers, students, members, spectators, and all other related persons, agents, and entities.)
8. Waiver and Release of Claims. To the fullest extent permitted by law, FACILITY USER releases the Poway Unified School District, its affiliated campuses, and their governing boards, affiliates,
subsidiaries, divisions, administrators, directors, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers (collectively referred to herein as the “District”), from and against all claims and causes of action, for any injury or harm of any kind which may arise from or out of Your use and occupancy of the District facility, including the risks from Coronavirus. This release is intended to discharge the District against any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with Your use and occupancy of the District facility, even though that liability may occur or arise out of the negligence or carelessness on the part the District. I understand that by signing this Agreement, I am releasing claims and giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue, and acknowledge that I am doing so voluntarily. No representations, statements, or inducements, oral or written, apart from the foregoing written statement, have been made.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY ORGANIZATION, FACILITY USER AGREES TO IMMEDIATELY DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD THE DISTRICT (AS DEFINED ABOVE IN SECTION 8) FREE AND HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, LIABILITY, OR EXPENSE THAT MAY ARISE IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM THE APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT FOR THE USE OF FACILITIES AND THIS CORONAVIRUS ADDENDUM, INCLUDING AS IT RELATES TO ANY EXPOSURE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (AS DEFINED ABOVE). THE DEFENSE AND INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE DISTRICT OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY’S ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE.
Addendum acknowledgment: I acknowledge that I have read this addendum and agree to all of its terms and that I fully understand my responsibility to adhere to all Coronavirus guidelines and instruction during the use of the District facility.