Porterville Unified School District
Application for Use of School Facilities
It is agreed that Porterville Unified School District shall not be liable for injury or damage either to person (s) or property sustained as a result of the premises or facilities offered by the school district. Is it further agreed that the person(s) or organization(s) using the property or facilities of the school district shall save and hold the school district harmless for any damage to the property of the school district or any other person(s) or organization(s) and they shall also hold and save harmless the school district for injury to any person(s) as a result of the use of the property or facilities offered by the school district.
BEFORE APPROVAL FOR FACILITY USAGE IS GIVEN, it is agreed that any person(s) or organization(s) using the property or facilities of the school district must furnish proof of insurance in a form of a certificate of insurance not less than $500,000 which names the Porterville Unified School District 600 WEST GRAND AVE. PORTERVILLE CA 93257 "AS AN ADDITIONAL INSURED"
Rules and regulations governing the use of school property public purposes pursuant to the provisions of Education Code Sections 40040-40046
1, Applications for the use of school property shall be in writing and shall be filed with the administrative office of the Porterville Unified School District at least ten (10) days prior to date for which the use of the property is requested.
2. The organization, group, or individual using the school property shall assume liability for any property damage
3. Meetings in or on school property shall be conducted in an orderly manner and shall be open for admission to all people regardless of race, color, political, or religious preferences
4. Organizations, groups, or individuals granted the use of school facilities for dances or games where spectators are permitted shall provide police supervision during the time the facility is being used.
5. No Alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, or people who are under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance shall be permitted on school property.
6. Only people wearing “gym” shoes or socks shall be permitted on the floor of gymnasiums
7. School property shall not be used for the following purposes:
Any use inconsistent with the use of the buildings or grounds for school purposes, pursuant to Education Code Section 40041
Any us eby an individual, society, group, or organization for the commission of any act intended to further any program or movement, the purpose of which is to accomplish the overthrow of the Government of the United States or of the State of California by force, violence, or other unlawful means, pursuant to Education Code Section 40044
Any use which is contrary to good moral standards and conduct
Statement of Information
The undersigned states that to the best og her or her knowledge, the school property for use of which application is hereby made shall not be used for the commission of any act intended to further any program or movement to the purpose of which to accomplish the overthrow of the Government of the United States by force, violence, or other unlawful means. That the organization on whose behalf he or she is making application for use of school property does not to the best of her or her knowledge, advocate the overthrow of the Government of the United States or of the State of California by force, violence, or other unlawful means, and that to the best of his or her knowledge, is not a communist-action organization or Communist-front organization required by law to be registered with the Attorney General of the United States