Mooresville Graded School District Rental Regulations
1. A school district employee must be on site at all times when facilities are used under this rental agreement. If cafeteria equipment is used, a school nutrition employee is required to be on site in addition to the regular district supervisor.
2. No food or drinks are allowed in the school building other than the cafeteria unless permission is obtained in advance and in writing by the school principal and attached to the rental contract.
3. The organization renting the facility accepts full financial responsibility for any damages done to school property during the rental period. Damage fees will be charged to the organization, including labor charges at $30 per hour.
4. The organization renting the facility may not attach any materials to walls, curtains, furniture, etc. unless permission is obtained in advance and in writing by the school principal and attached to the rental contract. Also, any alterations to school owned property (including placing signs on school property) may not be done unless permission is obtained in advance and in writing by the school principal and attached to this rental contract. This includes placing tape or other materials on classroom, gym, or stage floors.
5. All rental hours will be charged to the full hour. A four-hour minimum rental is required, which does include a minimum of four hours of paid supervision.
6. Changes to the initial contract may result in additional charges or loss of use of the facility.
7. Maximum term of a rental will be six (6) months. All rentals are subject to the district being able to secure proper supervision for the event.
8. The Mooresville Graded School District reserves the right to reschedule a rental event should mitigating circumstances arise regarding the district’s need for the facility. If rescheduling becomes necessary, the district will provide the organization renting the facility with advanced notice when possible.
9. The organization renting the facility is responsible for:
10. A refundable $500 deposit is required to rent the MHS Auditorium or MHS Gymnasium.