Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District
GENERAL RULES & SPECIAL CONDITIONS
1. No activities or entertainment are permissible which discriminate or reflect negatively upon any person or group because of race, color, creed, or gender.
2. Users must abide by and enforce rules and regulations set forth by the State of California, by the County of Santa Clara, by the city in which the facility is located and by the Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District.
3. There shall be no profane language, fighting or gambling on the school premises.
4. Smoking, possession or use of narcotics or alcoholic beverages on school property is prohibited.
5. Preparations shall not be used on floors; marks may not be made or applied to floors or walls; lines may not be made on fields without written permission of the administrator in charge of the facility.
6. School furniture and equipment may not be removed or displaced without written permission from and under the school district employee in charge.
7. No food may be prepared or cooked in the cafeteria kitchen except by district cafeteria employees.
8. Food and drinks may not be brought into buildings (except cafeteria).
9. Classrooms must be left free from litter; chairs and desks returned to original positions; chalkboards erased (if used); windows closed; and lights turned off.
10. Facility will be opened only at designated opening time and must be completely vacated by designated closing time (allow 15 minutes for participants to leave campus).
1. In submitting this request, I have read and understand the Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District (District) General Rules & Special Conditions and will abide by the rules and conditions set forth in addition to Board Policy 7040 and Administrative Regulation 7040 (available on the District’s website (www.lgsuhsd.org) or a hard copy is available at each campus). I certify that the intended use, as detailed on the reverse side of this form, is in compliance with said rules, and understand that use is subject to complying with the required documentation, advanced payment of all fees, submission of certification of insurance requirements and approval by the administrator in charge of facilities.
2. The applicant agrees, at its own expense, cost and risk, to indemnify, defend, save and hold harmless the District, agents, employees and officers against any and all personal injuries, damages, liability, costs, suits or expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising out of any act or omission of any officer, agent or employee of the District or resulting from the condition of any property owned or controlled by the District.
3. The applicant agrees to furnish such liability or other insurance to include, if applicable, naming the District as additional insured for the protection of the public and the lessor as the lessor may require. Requirement to be designated upon issuance of permit. Facility may not be used prior to receipt of certificate.
4. The applicant shall provide and maintain during the term of this contract a program of insurance satisfactory to the District covering its operations hereunder. Certificates of insurance, along with significant endorsements, shall be delivered to the District on or before the effective date of this Agreement, and shall stipulate that the District is to be given written notice by registered mail at least thirty (30) days in advance of any modification or cancellation of any policy of insurance. Coverage shall include the following:
a. General Liability: Such policy of insurance shall include, but not be limited to, comprehensive general liability, covering bodily injury and property damage. The minimum limits of liability per occurrence shall be as follows:
1. No physical activity involved and/or small groups: $500,000
2. Physical activity involved and/or larger groups: $1,000,000
3. High-risk activity or large groups: $3,000,000
b. Such insurance shall be primary in all instances and not contributing insurance. All insurance forms should include the following statement: “This insurance will be primary over all others. The Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District is additional insured.”The District shall be named as additional insured (certificate holder). The District’s insurance shall be considered excess insurance and won’t respond until all primary insurance has been exhausted.
5. I will be personally responsible on behalf of the applicant for any damages occurring through occupancy or use of said facility, equipment or furniture by the applicant. Lost equipment or damages sustained shall be compensated for upon request.
6. The requested hours will be strictly observed, and should it be necessary to extend the time beyond that specified in this application, special permission will be obtained from the administrator in charge of facilities before the event convenes, and in such instances additional charges may be made.
7. The reservation shall be granted with the understanding that the District may cancel a permit when the facility is needed for their own program.