Rental Application and Contract Conditions of Rental
All rental of school facilities is subject to the following conditions:
An official application shall be made to the Principal.
Rentals will be made to responsible, organized groups and responsible officers of that group must sign the application and the contract.
Activities shall not restrict admission or participation on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or handicap.
Conditions of that contract shall include:
1. Acceptance of responsibility by officials of the renting organization for any damage or loss resulting from the rental;
2. Agreement that renting organizations, and officers thereof, shall assume all liability for any personal injuries incurred during their use of the facilities and shall hold the Board harmless from any such claims against it;
3. Agreement to observe all fire and safety regulations;
4. Agreement that the use of any tobacco product, alternative nicotine product, or vapor product shall not occur on or in all property. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds, or in District-owned vehicles;
5. Observance that no immoral or illegal activity shall be allowed on the premises;
6. The presence of school supervisory or custodial personnel designated by the Principal at all times. The hourly wage of the custodian(s) must be included in the contract along with the social security and retirement payments required by law. If the custodian is employed beyond the normal 40-hour week that s/he works for the Board, overtime wages must be paid;
7. The presence of school nutrition personnel when kitchen facilities are used. The hourly wage of the school nutrition worker(s) must be included in the contract along with the social security and retirement payments required by law. If the school nutrition employee is employed beyond the normal 40-hour week that s/he works for the Board, overtime wages must be paid;
8. Agreement that no alterations to the buildings or grounds be made without prior approval;
9. Agreement that no permanent signs, banners, pennants or similar items be placed in or on school buildings or grounds except by groups associated with the schools;
10. Agreement that the renting party shall not sublease or reassign any portion of the building or item of equipment covered by the rental contract;
11. Agreement that school equipment shall not be a part of the rental contract unless specifically enumerated;
12. Agreement to leave the facilities in as good a condition as before used;
13. When facilities are to be used for non-school activities and/or activities not for the benefit of the District, a certificate of general liability insurance naming the Board members, school employees and District as additional insureds shall be provided. Minimum single limit coverage $1,000,000;
14. Community/Youth Group/Organizations that contribute donations to any of the school programs that are of equal or greater value than the facility rental cost, have the option from the Principal of being exempt from the rental fee. This does not include the amount to be paid for custodial services if required due to clean up or if a school personnel is necessary to be present during the rental function; and
15. The continual renting of school facilities by individuals or groups shall not extend beyond 6 month periods.