Keep in mind the rules for School Property are critical and are to be followed at all times. Any violation of rules will result in withdrawal of facility permit and NO refund will be given.
CAMPBELL UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT FOR THE USE OF FACILITIES
In addition to the attached Application and Agreement for the Use of Facilities, Applicant/ Representative enters this Coronavirus Addendum and further hold harmless Agreement, incorporated into the Application and Agreement, as follows:
1. Including, but not limited to, the SARS‑CoV‑ 2 virus (the “Coronavirus”), the Applicant/Representative ( the “FACILITY USER”) agrees to strictly, and without exception, follow all local, state, and federal guidelines regarding human protection from the Coronavirus (the “Guidelines”). The Guidelines to strictly follow are located at various sites, including, but not limited to:
c. (insert a link to County guidelines)
2. The FACILITY USER shall not hold the event and shall cancel the event if all Guidelines will not, are not, or cannot be met before, during, or after the event.
3. The FACILITY USER shall stop the event immediately and send all invitees/participants away if they are observed not to be meeting all required Guidelines.
4. The District may terminate the FACILITY USER’s use of the District facility at any time if, in the sole discretion of the District, the District determines that the FACILITY USER or their invitees/participants are not in full compliance with the Guidelines. If the District terminates the FACILITY USER’s use of the District facility pursuant to this paragraph, the FACILITY USER will be not be entitled to a refund of any fees and will not be entitled to recover any consequential damages arising from such termination.
5. The District makes no representation regarding the condition of the facility in use. It shall be the FACILITY USER’s sole responsibility to appropriately and thoroughly clean, disinfect, and maintain a clean, disinfected, and sanitized environment before, during, and after the event, including the use of Coronavirus products approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and in compliance with the Healthy Schools Act (HSA).
6. Assumption of Risk. FACILITY USER recognizes that there is presently a significant element of risk of Coronavirus transmission when any group of people gathers. FACILITY USER has reviewed and understands the risks reflected in the local, state, and federal alerts and guidelines, including, but not limited to, the links above. FACILITY USER assumes all risks, known and unknown, arising from Your use and occupancy of the District facility, including risks from the Coronavirus. FACILITY USER assumes full responsibility for any sickness, hospitalization, bodily injury, death, loss of personal property, quarantines, and all related costs and expenses of any person arising from Your use and occupancy of the District facility. (“Your” is defined herein as the FACILITY USER and each of their employees, District facility invitees, participants, volunteers, students, members, and all other related persons, agents, and entities.)
7. Waiver and Release of Claims. To the fullest extent permitted by law, FACILITY USER releases the [NAME] District, its affiliated campuses, and their governing boards, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, administrators, directors, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers (collectively referred to herein as the “District”), from and against all claims and causes of action, for any injury or harm of any kind which may arise from or out of Your use and occupancy of the District facility, including the risks from Coronavirus. This release is intended to discharge the District against any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with Your use and occupancy of the District facility, even though that liability may occur or arise out of the negligence or carelessness on the part the District. I understand that by signing this Agreement, I am releasing claims and giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue, and acknowledge that I am doing so voluntarily. No representations, statements, or inducements, oral or written, apart from the foregoing written statement, have been made.
8. INDEMNIFICATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY ORGANIZATION, I AGREE TO IMMEDIATELY DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD THE DISTRICT (AS DEFINED ABOVE) FREE AND HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, LIABILITY, OR EXPENSE THAT MAY ARISE IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM THE APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT FOR THE USE OF FACILITIES AND THIS CORONAVIRUS ADDENDUM, INCLUDING AS IT RELATES TO ANY EXPOSURE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (AS DEFINED ABOVE). THE DEFENSE AND INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE DISTRICT OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY’S ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE.
Addendum acknowledgment: I acknowledge that I have read this addendum and agree to all of its terms and that I fully understand my responsibility to adhere to all Coronavirus guidelines and instruction during the use of the District facility.