1. In executing this declaration I certify that I have been duly authorized by the Applicant to act in its behalf in making application for use of said facility.
2. I, the undersigned hereby certify that I will be personally responsible on behalf of the Applicant for any damages sustained by the school building, furniture, equipment or grounds occurring through the occupancy or use of said building and or grounds by the applicant.
3. I hereby certify that I have received and read the rules, regulations, conditions and term s including those attached to this application and that I and the applicant which I represent, will abide by them and will conform to all applicable provisions of the Constitutions and laws of California and to all other rules and regulations of the Board of Education and its authorized agents which may be communicated to the applicant.
4. It is agreed that in the event this permit is canceled by the applicant, no refund will be made and that changes in date or extension of time shall be made only as specified by the rules governing use of school facilities.
5. Statement of Information
The undersigned states that, to the best of his or her knowledge, the school property for use of which application is hereby made will not be used for the commission of any act intended to further any program or movement the purpose of which is to accomplish the overthrow of the government of the United States by force, violence or other unlawful means;
That , the organization on whose behalf he or she is making application for use of school property, does not, to the best of his or her knowledge, advocate the overthrow of the government of the United States or the State of California by force, violence, or other unlawful means, and that, to the best of his or her knowledge, it is not a Communist action organization or Communist front organization required by law to be registered with the Attorney General of the United States. This statement is made under the penalties of perjury.
INDEMNIFICATION. Applicant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless District, its officers, agents, employees, and/or volunteers from any and all claims, demands, losses, damages and expenses, including legal fees and costs, or other obligations or claims arising out of any liability or damage to person or property, or any other loss, sustained or claimed to have been sustained arising out of activities of the Applicant or those of any of its officers, agents, employees, or subcontractors of Applicant, whether such act or omission is authorized by this Agreement or not. Applicant shall also pay for any and all damage to the Real and Personal Property of the District, or loss or theft of such Property, done or caused by such persons. District assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any property placed on District premises by Applicant, Applicant’s agents, employees or subcontractors. Applicant further hereby waives any and all rights of subrogation that it may have against the District. The provisions of this Indemnification do not apply to any damage or losses caused solely by the negligence of the District or any of its officers, agents, employees, and/or volunteers.
RULES, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES OF THE MOORPARK UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT REGARDING USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
1. Violation of any regulation may be cause for immediate revocation of any permit granted for use of school facilities.
2. Moorpark Unified School District has a “Tobacco-Free Environment” policy. Smoking or use of tobacco is not permitted in or on District facilities or on District property.
3. Use or possession of intoxicants or narcotics in school facilities or on school property is prohibited.
4.Quarreling and fighting, profane language, obscenity, gambling or games of chance shall not be permitted in school facilities or school property.
5.No school facilities shall be used after 12 o’clock midnight unless approval has been granted by Superintendent.
6. Adequate adult supervision and sponsorship is required of all groups using school facilities. Additional special security may also be required.
7. Displaying advertising on school premises pertaining to any meeting or public function shall be permitted in designated areas only.
8. Selling, giving away, displaying or exhibiting material on school premises is prohibited unless specifically authorized by the Board of Education.
9. School furniture and/or equipment shall not be moved by anyone who is not a school employee without the permission of the District employee “in charge”.
10. No equipment, material or supplies shall be loaned for use away from the school premises.
11. Persons or organization using school facilities shall be responsible for all damage to school facilities and equipment beyond normal wear.
12.The Moorpark Unified School District, its officers and employees will assume no responsibility for properties left on school premises.
13. The general public may not be excluded from attending and observing the meetings or recreational activities.
14. Any use of school facilities for non-school purposes shall comply with county ordinances and all state and local fire, health and safety laws.
15. Any permit granted for use of school facilities may be revoked by the Board of Education, at its discretion, at any time.
16. Only the Board of Education may pay District employees for services involving the use of school facilities.
17. Food prepared off site may be served with the approval of the District Superintendent. The preparation of food on site will require a District Food Services Assistant.
18.The District employee in charge shall have the power of “peace officer” to carry out the provisions and intents of the Education Code, the Policy adopted by the Board of Education and the Regulations approved by the Superintendent.
19. All organizations or groups seeking use of school promises must designate an individual who shall be held responsible for the group or organization and for the signing of the application for the use of school building.
20. Applicants shall be responsible citizens, or a definitely organized, responsible association, club or organization.
21.This permit is non-transferable.
22. Sections 3813-38139 of the Education Code of the State of California are the basis for these rules and are hereby incorporated in this application, even though not herein duplicated.