FREMONT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
COMMUNITY SERVICES OFFICE
4210 Technology Drive, Room 230
Fremont, CA 94538
Phone (510) 668-1609 Fax (510) 659-2505
FREMONT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT FACILITY USE - NOT VALID UNTIL APPROVED BY DISTRICT.
Please read all the terms and conditions, and make sure you follow all the rules and regulations. Emergency Beeper for custodial services is (510) 377-3389.
*REQUIRED FEES AND DOCUMENTS to be paid and attached through Facilitron (an online facility request and rental system)
• Non-refundable $15.00 Application Fee.
• Current Certificate of Insurance (COI) for $1 million naming Fremont Unified School District as additional insured. (Name of the organization must be the same on the COI and proof of non-profit status, if applicable, to avoid any delay in processing. If COI is not received and/or insurance requirements are not met, the application will be denied. Approved Facility Use Permits will be cancelled if COI on file expires and a renewed policy is not provided 14 calendar days prior to expiration date of current policy.)
• Proof of non-profit status from IRS or California Secretary of State, if applicable. (Non-profit organizations must attach proof of non-profit status letter to be considered as Class II.)
FREMONT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT. The undersigned agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Fremont Unified School District, its Board of Trustees, Officers, Agents and Employees, individually and collectively, from and against all costs, losses, claims, demands, suits, actions, payments and judgements arising from personal or bodily injury, property damage and otherwise, brought or recovered against any of the above that may arise from or be alleged to be caused by the undersigned's use or occupancy of district facilities, furniture or equipment. The undersigned further agrees to provide a Certificate of Insurance (COI) for general liability coverage in the amount of $1,000,000.00 naming Fremont Unified School District as additional insured. The undersigned agrees to abide by and to enforce the policies, rules, and regulations of the Fremont Unified School District governing the use of school facilities, furniture and equipment. The undersigned agrees to uphold the State and Federal Constitutions and certifies to the best of his/her knowledge, that school property will not be used for the commission of any unlawful act.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
Facilities use request are processed on a first-come, first-served basis
Schools determine availability of facilities.
To add additional hours, dates or facilities, a new Facility Use Request through Facilitron is required and $15 Application Fee is applicable.
For cancellations/changes, request must be in writing as a “Comment” through Facilitron with a $15 change fee and received five (5) working days prior to the scheduled event. Changes made verbally or via email are not accepted.
There is a minimum 3-hour rental charge per use permit. Rental fees will be billed in one-hour increments.
At least 1 custodian per 150 participants for evening and weekend activities, in accordance with SEIU Local 1021 Agreement, Section 7.9. Site administrator shall determine if additional custodian is necessary per Board Policy 1336. There is a minimum 2-hour charge for custodial. Custodial charges are doubled on holidays, 3-day holiday weekends, and over 12:00 midnight. NOTE: Custodial fees may be waived on weekdays at the discretion of the principal if custodians are on duty.
Contact the City of Fremont if you have 300 or more participants as you may need a special event permit.
Approved Facility Use Permit must be on hand at all times during use of school facilities for inspection by district staff.
After the facility use, group needs to sign the Labor Charges Form to confirm use of facility.
Upfront payment of all fees is required at least two (2) weeks before the first day of the month. For multiple uses, upfront monthly payments should be paid at least two (2) weeks before the first day of each month.
Facility users may review their application/request in Facilitron.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
Facility Use Permits will be canceled for non-compliance of rules and regulations.
1. Facility Use Restrictions: School facilities shall NOT be used by an individual or group for the commission of any crime or any act prohibited by law. Use of school facilities or grounds which is inconsistent with their use for school purposes or which interferes with the regular conduct of school or school work is prohibited.
2. Discrimination: Any use which is discriminatory on the basis of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation or religious denomination will not be permitted.
3. Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages and/or any restricted substances are NOT permitted in or on any Fremont Unified School District’s property.
4. Smoking: Smoking and/or the use of tobacco products is NOT permitted at any time in the buildings grounds, fields, parking lots, etc. of the Fremont Unified School District.
5. Fire Hazard: Barbeques, fireworks, burning of any incendiary or smoke producing materials/equipment is NOT allowed. This includes candles and incense.
6. Permit Approval: Approval of Facility Use Permit is granted only by the Community Services Office. Facility users should not proceed with printing announcements, flyers, etc. until they have received the final approval.
7. Sub-Leasing: Sub-leasing is prohibited.
8. Admission to Facility: A school representative will open the facility only when given evidence of an approved Facility Use Permit. An authorized adult representative of the organization must be present. Only facilities listed on the Facility Use Permit will be available for use. Facility users are to restrict participants to the area assigned on the Facility Use Permit. All participants and spectators must be supervised at all times and must remain in the area assigned.
9. Conduct: Facility users shall not disturb the quiet enjoyment of students, employees, or guests of Fremont Unified School District. Further, the user group shall not disturb the quiet enjoyment of adjacent properties.
10. Cleanup/Damages: Facility users will protect the school from damage and mistreatment and are responsible for the condition in which they leave the facility. Dumpsters are for SCHOOL USE ONLY, they are not to be used by facility users. Other arrangements must be made for removal of trash. When repair, cleanup, or trash removal is required, the facility user will be charged. Facility users will be charged for any damage or vandalism caused by their use of school facilities.
11. Facility Alteration: Fremont Unified School District’s facilities may not be altered in any manner without prior written approval from the school and the Facilities/Maintenance, Operations and Grounds Department.
12. Decorations: Decoration of school facilities is prohibited unless prior written approval is given by the school.
13. Kitchen: Use of kitchen facilities requires supervision by Child Nutrition Services staff.
14. Play Equipment: Dunk tanks, inflatable pools, bounce houses, etc. are prohibited unless prior written approval is given by Risk Management.
15. Swimming Pools: Use of swimming pools requires supervision by certified lifeguards.
16. Field Use: Athletic groups will not use turfed fields when it rains on the day of use or 48 hours preceding use.
17. Pesticides and Herbicides: Pesticides and Herbicides are prohibited on school grounds.
TO: All Applicants Requesting Use of School District Facilities
RE: POSSESSORY INTEREST TAXES AND SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION
1. Groups and individuals that use or lease school district facilities may be liable to pay possessory interest taxes. Possessory interest taxes are a form of property tax that applies to parties who obtain beneficial use of tax-exempt public facilities. The possessory interest tax is administered by the Alameda County Office of the Treasurer and Tax Collector. Any additional questions you may have regarding the possessory interest tax should be directed to them at (510) 272-3787.
2. Over the next several years, the school district will be doing extensive construction at most of our schools. This has been made possible with bond funding. You will notice signs at the schools telling you what is being done.
We ask that you warn your groups to be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS in the areas where construction is taking place. Keep track of your group and whoever is with them. See that they are not in the construction areas.
This is for YOUR group’s safety.
CORONA VIRUS ADDENDUM
In addition to the Application and Agreement for the Use of Facilities, Applicant/ Representative enters this Coronavirus Addendum and further hold harmless Agreement, incorporated into the Application and Agreement, as follows:
Including, but not limited to, the SARS‑CoV‑2 virus (the “Coronavirus”), the Applicant/Representative ( the “FACILITY USER”) agrees to strictly, and without exception, follow all local, state, and federal guidelines regarding human protection from the Coronavirus (the “Guidelines”). The Guidelines to strictly follow are located at various sites, including, but not limited to:
The FACILITY USER shall not hold the event and shall cancel the event if all Guidelines will not, are not, or cannot be met before, during, or after the event.
The FACILITY USER shall stop the event immediately and send all invitees/participants away if they are observed not to be meeting all required Guidelines.
The District may terminate the FACILITY USER’s use of the District facility at any time if, in the sole discretion of the District, the District determines that the FACILITY USER or their invitees/participants are not in full compliance with the Guidelines. If the District terminates the FACILITY USER’s use of the District facility pursuant to this paragraph, the FACILITY USER will be not be entitled to a refund of any fees and will not be entitled to recover any consequential damages arising from such termination.
The District makes no representation regarding the condition of the facility in use. It shall be the FACILITY USER’s sole responsibility to appropriately and thoroughly clean, disinfect, and maintain a clean, disinfected, and sanitized environment before, during, and after the event, including the use of Coronavirus products approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and in compliance with the Healthy Schools Act (HSA).
Assumption of Risk. FACILITY USER recognizes that there is presently a significant element of risk of Coronavirus transmission when any group of people gathers. FACILITY USER has reviewed and understands the risks reflected in the local, state, and federal alerts and guidelines, including, but not limited to, the links above. FACILITY USER assumes all risks, known and unknown, arising from Your use and occupancy of the District facility, including risks from the Coronavirus. FACILITY USER assumes full responsibility for any sickness, hospitalization, bodily injury, death, loss of personal property, quarantines, and all related costs and expenses of any person arising from Your use and occupancy of the District facility. (“Your” is defined herein as the FACILITY USER and each of their employees, District facility invitees, participants, volunteers, students, members, and all other related persons, agents, and entities.)
Waiver and Release of Claims. To the fullest extent permitted by law, FACILITY USER releases the Fremont Unified School District, its affiliated campuses, and their governing boards, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, administrators, directors, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers (collectively referred to herein as the “District”), from and against all claims and causes of action, for any injury or harm of any kind which may arise from or out of Your use and occupancy of the District facility, including the risks from Coronavirus. This release is intended to discharge the District against any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with Your use and occupancy of the District facility, even though that liability may occur or arise out of the negligence or carelessness on the part the District. I understand that by signing this Agreement, I am releasing claims and giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue, and acknowledge that I am doing so voluntarily. No representations, statements, or inducements, oral or written, apart from the foregoing written statement, have been made.
INDEMNIFICATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY ORGANIZATION, I AGREE TO IMMEDIATELY DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD THE DISTRICT (AS DEFINED ABOVE) FREE AND HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, LIABILITY, OR EXPENSE THAT MAY ARISE IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM THE APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT FOR THE USE OF FACILITIES AND THIS CORONAVIRUS ADDENDUM, INCLUDING AS IT RELATES TO ANY EXPOSURE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (AS DEFINED ABOVE). THE DEFENSE AND INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE DISTRICT OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY’S ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE.
Addendum acknowledgment: I acknowledge that I have read this addendum and agree to all of its terms and that I fully understand my responsibility to adhere to all Coronavirus guidelines and instruction during the use of the District facility.