In the 1800's, Reedville was a business area resting on land owned primarily by Ladd and Reed, Portland businessmen. The land was planted in orchards of peach, apple, cherry, and filbert trees.
Jo Wenzel, Superintendent, agreed that Ladd Acres would be an appropriate name for this school since all of the land in the area was originally owned by these two men. Ladd Acres Elementary was built in three phases; the main building was opened in 1968.
On July 1, 1996, Ladd Acres, along with the other Reedville District Schools and six other districts, joined Hillsboro schools to become Hillsboro School District 1J. This district is currently the fifth-largest in the State of Oregon.