GLHS opened in 1928 in what is considered today as Lincoln Hall. In 1920, the city of Gahanna and the township of Jefferson County merged as school districts, creating the challenge for board members to decide on the high school's name. Jefferson High School was considered but a compromise was reached with the name Gahanna Lincoln High School. The main high school building, Hamilton Hall, was constructed in 1963 with additions completed in 1968, 1981, 1995 and 2000. The campus most recently expanded with the addition of Clark Hall.
We currently provide more than 250 courses, over 40 extra-curricular activities, and 25 varsity sports. We’re home to more than 2,200 students who will become the leaders of tomorrow. Academically, we’re consistently scoring above state and national averages on college entrance exams; and, our collective Ohio Graduation Test scores exceed the state average. Gahanna Lincoln High School is an exciting, fun place for you to learn and to grow. Our mission statement is educating our students today for the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow.