The present Farmington View Elementary school opened in September 1950. There were four classrooms, a gym and a cafeteria. The present building has been added onto twice. The the last addition was completed in February 1988. This addition includes the existing office, library and classrooms at the south end of the building.
The present school now serves approximately 300 students in grades K-6. It is one of twenty-three elementary schools in the Hillsboro School District.