"Making Students WHOLE."
THE SCHOOL MISSION
The mission of César E. Chávez High School is the holistic continuous process of "Making Students Whole". Chávez High School asserts that an empowering education is possible only within a scholastic context that is safe and therapeutic. Within that context, teacher and students work together to ensure that all efforts are aligned to our two prime directives:
- To provide and participate in effective and engaging instruction, and
- To build and maintain positive teacher/student relationships.
To that end, César E. Chávez High School is committed to:
- Providing all students a safe, clean and orderly environment with a calming and healing affect.
- Delivering daily, instruction that is effective and engaging because it is student-centered.
- Developing programs that will enhance every student's talents and abilities, including those that have special needs.
- Supporting experiences that promote the, multicultural, civic, and environmental awareness of students.
- Facilitating and developing opportunities for parents to meaningfully engage in the family dynamics and actions necessary to assist and encourage the success of their students for achieving their college and/or career goals.